The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh by Carolyn Arnold

My Rating: 4 Stars. 



Date finished: 12/4/18



Date published: 17/4/18



Synopsis from Goodreads: 






In Egypt’s Western Desert lies the tomb of an unnamed pharaoh that hides a secret so powerful, it could destroy the world as we know it.
 
Archaeologist and adventurer Matthew Connor has made a career of finding legends the world has all but forgotten. Though there’s one in particular that has fascinated him for years—the Emerald Tablets. Myth says that they possess the knowledge of the universe, allowing humankind to traverse Heaven and Earth, and have the power to bestow wealth and wisdom upon whoever possesses them. But if they fall into evil hands, it could cause a global disaster.
 
So when a former colleague stumbles across an ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic map that promises to lead to a pharaoh’s tomb and the Emerald Tablets, there’s no way he’s turning down her invitation to join the dig. He only has one stipulation: his best friends Robyn Garcia and Cal Myers come with him.
 
The road ahead isn’t going to be an easy one, and their shared dream of recovering the Emerald Tablets is being crushed at every turn. And just when they think it’s all over, they learn there are a few clues they have overlooked. But they’re no longer the only ones searching for the Tablets. Now, the fate of the world hangs in the balance, and soon they’ll find out that when it comes to hunting legends, they can’t trust anyone.


My review: 

This is the third book I have read by Arnold and completely different to the previous two. Arnold is known for her crime writing series's featuring Brandon Fisher and Madison Knight. I accepted the offer of reading this book as I completely loved the books I have read previously; they were both definitely 5 stars worthy books! I also, like many individuals I think, have a real interest in Ancient Egypt and mysteries in general. This book gave a feel of a real adventure type book and something any Indiana Jones type lover may really enjoy. 

Arnold has kept up on her excellent writing skills in this book as with the previous ones I have read and has also done a really good job of describing everything and the characters. One thing I really enjoy about Arnold's work is that she does a really good job of researching her ideas and the genre she is writing in. This book is no exception to that and it is well thought out and informed. 

This is the second book in the Matthew Connor series and I haven't read the first book. Arnold has done another good job here of allowing the reader to jump into a series without reading the previous book/s. The book had a fast paced read to it and it didn't take me long to get into the storyline once in. The storyline is pretty much go from the first pages. All things I like in a good book. 

Overall, this was a really good book; fast paced and entertaining. My own personal opinions however, are that I didn't love it just quite as much as the previous books I had read by Arnold. This is definitely not a reason to not pick this one up, I do just love my crime books more. I always appreciate a very well written book and I was still very entertained by this one. I would pick up another book in this series as I am fascinated by mysteries of this type. I look forward to the next book I pick up by Arnold, whichever the series!

Happy reading :) 



1 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing THE SECRET OF THE LOST PHARAOH. If you haven’t already, can you post your review to your favorite retailers. Again, thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete