Strange Sight by Syd Moore


My Rating: 4 Stars. 



Date finished: 8/3/18



Date published: 14/11/18



Synopsis from Goodreads: 





The La Fleur restaurant has a slew of unusual phenomena. Bonnet-clad apparitions pass through walls, blood leaks from ceilings and rats besiege the dining room. Experts from the Great Essex Witch Museum are called in to quell these strange sights. But before Rosie Strange and Sam Stone can do their thing events turn darker. For La Fleur's chef has been strung up and slaughtered like a pig. More oddly, he only witness, the owner's daughter Mary, swears blind a ghost did it. 
Rosie and Sam must find out what's happening before Mary takes the fall. But intuitions and tip-offs lead them stumbling into the dark waters of the past, exposing secrets of a wider conspiracy, as well as secrets all Rosie's own. With strange chills Rosie and Sam learn that seeing isn't always believing, while thoughts of truth may be just as illusory. 


My review: 

I really enjoyed the first book in this series by Moore and I really couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book. What I really enjoyed about the first book was definitely the characters and the way the book was written and its light hearted feel to it throughout. The second book in the series kept to this and I still really enjoyed the characters. I could feel each character talking in my head with their accents more so than with some books, which is definitely a good thing. 

There were only a few things I didn't enjoy in this book as much as the previous one. This book moved slightly away from the witch/magic essence that the first one had and has now moved onto working ghostly mysteries. I didn't enjoy the plot of this book as much as the first one for that reason. It was still a good plot however, and did keep me on my toes in figuring out what was really going on. Rosie and Sam are a great pair and I still don't know how they managed to figure it out. Hopefully from reading my previous posts, you will all know how much I like not knowing 'who dunnit' until we find out at the end. 

Overall, this book did keep everything that was good about the first book in it. I would have just liked keeping the mysteries to a more witch stance. I am still definitely looking forward to the next book in the series. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment