Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw

My Rating: 4 Stars. 


Date finished: December 2017 



Date published: 25/7/18



Synopsis from Goodreads: 







Meet Greta Helsing, fast-talking doctor to the undead. Keeping the supernatural community not-alive and well in London has been her family's specialty for generations.

Greta Helsing inherited the family's highly specialized, and highly peculiar, medical practice. In her consulting rooms, Dr. Helsing treats the undead for a host of ills - vocal strain in banshees, arthritis in barrow-wights, and entropy in mummies. Although barely making ends meet, this is just the quiet, supernatural-adjacent life Greta's been groomed for since childhood.

Until a sect of murderous monks emerges, killing human and undead Londoners alike. As terror takes hold of the city, Greta must use her unusual skills to stop the cult if she hopes to save her practice, and her life.



My review: 

You may have noticed a somewhat theme to the books I have been reading lately - I am really into my supernatural/witchy style books recently. I have always enjoyed the horror genre and also really enjoy my crime thrillers as well. I'm always on the look for something a little different and this is what my hunting for the next different book brought me. 

I really enjoyed this. Helsings character was really interesting and it was a new take on the Helsing idea and supernatural world. My favourite characters were definitely the vampires though. As I was reading, I could almost hear their posh little voices in my head and I really love when a characters specific voice comes through for me. I would even say in fact that I actually really enjoyed all the characters in this book. It had a very nice flow throughout and was easy to read which I definitely always look for in a book. 

There isn't alot I can actually say about this book other than it was an overall really decent read. There is another book in the series coming out this year and I will be keeping my eyes out for it. 

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment