Stalker by Lars Kepler

My rating: 4 Stars. 


Date finished: 30/7/17


Date published: 5/5/16









Synopsis from Goodreads: 


If the lights are on, a stalker can see you from outside. But if the lights are off, you can't see a stalker who is already inside the house. 

A video-clip is sent to the National Criminal Investigation Department. Someone has secretly filmed a woman through her window from the garden. The next day she is found dead after a frenzied knife-attack. The police receive a second film of another unknown woman. There is no way of identifying her before time runs out. When her husband finds her he is so traumatised that he cleans the whole house and puts her to bed. He may have seen a vital clue, but is in such an extreme state of shock that the police are unable to question him.


My review: 

I really couldn't decide what rating I wanted to give this book at first. Some of the book felt like 3 stars and others felt like 5 stars. The 3 stars part of this book really felt like a let down at points after the 5 star parts too. Some of the descriptions in the book were also way too lengthy and felt like the took away from the great parts. It took me a good 150 pages to get really into the storyline as well, and this is a reasonably long book at over 500 pages. Despite this, the overall storyline and mystery around who the stalker is was really good. Some of the characters were really great as well such as Erik. I wasn't overly keen on the female detective who was investigating the case. This is also suppose to be the fifth book in the Joona Linna series but I didn't feel like it was his series or even one of the actual main characters. I understand wanting to know more about all the characters equally but Linna did play quit a back line in this story. I'm not sure if this is how all the books are as I haven't read them. 

Overall, the storyline was really great. I enjoyed finding out who the stalker was and everything that went with it. Just too much description and nonsense parts throughout the book let this one down a little.

Happy reading :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment